Conor Biggs: 'Completely Original!'

Xenakis' Cendrées is, like all contemporary music, challenging. You step out of the comfort zone.

Usually, I start rehearsing without having heard the piece. This time it was different: I was frightened. But when I heard Cendrées, I was completely blown away.

Xenakis is not a slave to the serial system of composition. He is able to step across several artistic disciplines, always inspired by nature: effects of light on water, flocks of birds, rock formations, ... his music is an abstraction of optical experiences. He reminds me very much of the painter Jackson Pollock.

It is refreshing to do music like that!

Conor Biggs, bass at Vlaams Radio Koor


To learn more about Conor's other projects, check his official website.

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

 

Twitter Updates